COVID 19 – Workplace Preparedness
The phased-in approach of returning to work will place strict conditions imposed on Employers by Government. These conditions will be based on the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, 85 of 1993 as well as the Mine Health and Safety Act, 29 of 1996.
The onus will be on the employer to provide a workplace for his employees and other persons that are safe and without risk to their health, the employers will need to provide information in the form of evidence that will ensure that they have done everything as reasonably practicable to provide a safe and risk-free workplace.
SIXD Consulting (PTY) LTD are in the best position to advise employers on the measures that they need to put in place, as well as providing evidence, in order to ensure a safe return to work and to safeguard and maintain a COVID-19-free workplace as far as it is reasonably possible. Give us a call on 079 582 2717
- COVID-19 Risk Assessment – Client specific and not just generic, the risk assessment will form the basis for all other policies and procedures to be identified, developed / revised and implemented and will clarify roles and responsibilities of the employer, employees, health and safety personnel, security personnel and the Occupational Medical Practitioners and Occupational Health Nurse Practitioners and will firmly address permitted and non-permitted behaviour of persons in terms of the management and containment of COVID-19
- Procedures - Development of Plans and Procedures for the management of return to work of workers after lockdown
- Compliance - with legislative and regulatory requirements, the more we learn about the virus the more legislative requirements change and employers need to adapt to change and incorporate the change into their organisation
- Health Risk Assessment – in collaboration with an Environmental Health Practitioner and Occupational Health Nurse registered with HSCPA
- Screening Plans - Plans, Policies and Procedures for screening and medical surveillance to accommodate new legislative and directive changes for COVID-19, reporting structures, internal and external to the organisation as well as case management of a person under investigation etc.
- Quarantine Areas - Assistance to identify isolation areas for employees and others if they have been identified according to screening protocols as posing a risk of COVID-19 infection
- Sanitising and decontamination - Develop Sanitising and decontamination strategies for the workplace – Design, development implementation and maintenance of the strategies
- Facility management – Develop strategies for COVID-19 in the workplace and the implementation and maintenance of these strategies
- Waste Management - Plans for Bio-hazardous waste that meet legislative requirements
- Risk & Compliance Management - Development, implementation and maintenance of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems. Revise and update current Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
- Training & Awareness - Advise on education, training and awareness campaigns as well as methods of communication to employees and others
- Give us a call on 079 582 2717
Get Started With Covid 19 Workplace Preparedness
In addition we also assist with:
- On-line collaboration systems to assistance with employees that are working remotely
- IT solutions – laptops, tablets, reverse billing for data used by learners of these devices
- Cloud-based solutions to manage Health and Safety issues as identified by the risk assessment and continuously updating risk assessments as changes are made public to legislation or directives issued by governmental departments
- On-line training solutions and assistance with the development of Learner Management Systems for training